The wall hugger recliner is a type of recliner with the back and seat that are slightly recessed from the wall. The wall hugger recliner was originally designed for people who couldn’t push themselves up out of their chair, but has since become popular among people looking for an easy way to relax in comfort at home.
Wall huggers can be used in any room in your house because they take up less space than traditional recliners. This article will answer some common questions about wall huggers as well as give reviews on different models and helpful tips!
A wall hugger recliner is similar to traditional recliners but they are recessed from the wall which allows for easy access in and out of your chair, as well as taking up less space than other types of recliners. The wall hugger was originally designed for people who couldn’t get themselves out of their chairs or those with limited mobility due to age or disability.
Wall huggers take up significantly less room than traditional models because they do not protrude greatly off the ground like regular reclining chairs (although this can be remedied by purchasing an attachment that attaches onto the wall hugger which allows for the chair to protrude off of a regular height so that it can be wheeled around). wall huggers are available in different types including recliners with arms and without, as well as convertible models.
The benefits of a wall hugger recliner include
- Wall huggers take up less space than traditional recliners.
- Wall huggers are not as high off the ground, making them more accessible for people in wheelchairs or with limited mobility.
- Wall huggers can be installed on a regular chair to make it a “bottomless” recliner by attaching straps to both sides of the back and seat when they’re pushed together from behind.
The disadvantages of wall hugger Recliners include
- Wall huggers do not have wheels so you won’t be able to easily move them around your house like other types of recliners (although this does help keep their size down). If you need something that has wheels, I would recommend one that attaches onto a chair like the Wall Hugger Recliner Attachment.
- Wall huggers are not meant for people that need to frequently get up and down from their chair or couch because it is hard to exit them without help.
How to choose the right one for you
Wall huggers come in a variety of styles including recliners with arms and without, as well as convertibles.
If you are looking for something that is accessible to people in wheelchairs or have limited mobility needs, I would recommend the wall hugger recliner attachment which attaches onto any chair so it can be rolled around. This model also has wheels on the bottom so you’ll be able to move your wall hugger from room to room easily!
If you’re just looking for something comfortable that takes up less space than traditional recliners, wall hugger recliners might work best for your home because they take up significantly less space than other models of reclining chairs. The disadvantage with this type is if someone who needs to get up from their chair frequently, wall huggers might not work for you because they are hard to exit without help.
The wall hugger was originally designed for people who couldn’t push themselves out of their chairs or those with limited mobility due to age or disability but has become popular among other people looking for an easy way to relax at home.
Wall huggers are available at most furniture stores but if you want something more specific for people who need accessible chairs or have mobility issues, I recommend Wall hugger Recliner Attachments which attach onto any chair so it can turn into a bottomless recliner by attaching straps around both sides of the back and seat when pushed together from behind.
We hope this article has answered any questions you may have about wall huggers and that you’ve found some helpful tips along the way.